California X are three dudes from Amherst, MA - for us Non-Americans that’s roughly three hours outside of New York.
Amherst is also the playground of J Mascis from Dinosaur JR, which might explain why California X play some of the greatest “balls out” alternative rock we’ve heard for a long time, admittedly hidden (in true DIY fashion) behind lo-quality demo recordings.
Their demos make for a must listen for fans of Mudhoney, Dinosaur JR or their modern day equivalents such as Milk Music of JEFF The Brotherhood.
Stay tuned for more California X very soon…
- kellylove90 likes this
- ritesofsolitude reblogged this from thesoundsofsweetnothing
- letthemhateus likes this
- prgntrecords reblogged this from lemjr
- prgntrecords likes this
- thegreatgurtowsky likes this
- lemjr reblogged this from thesoundsofsweetnothing
- lineargent likes this
- swansearecreationcentre likes this
- mandypix likes this
- barlimon reblogged this from thesoundsofsweetnothing
- thesoundsofsweetnothing posted this